TOTO Drake II or Drake 2 is a high efficiency toilet that uses 1.28 gallons per flush (save up to 20% more water than 1.60 gpf toilets). Most customers find toto drake II as a quiet yet powerful flushing toilet. It uses Double Cyclone Flushing System that makes use of two powerful nozzles to create a forceful centrifugal action to clean bowl and rim efficiently. With its larger fully-glazed 2-1/8″ trapway remove far larger mass than standard 2″.
Drake II received about 136 Five-Stars given by satisfied Amazon customers making this toto model as the highest rated toilet as of August 2018 (Check here for the Toto Toilet comparison guide). Most of them noticed its very quiet, powerful and efficient flushing that they did not encounter clogging nor over-flow.
Rim with NO holes – Maintains Speed and Power of Water
Drake II’s rim has no holes, means that the water running down from the tank to the rim do not enter into small rim holes thus maintaining the speed and power of water to push the waste below. Rim with no holes makes it easier to clean and gives a seamless appearance.
Self-Cleaning Anti-Bacteria Super-Smooth Bowl Surface
Toto Drake II features SanaGloss a super-smooth surface to prevent bacteria, mildew, mold and particles from adhering or forming for easier cleaning. It’s ADA-height compliant for more comfortable sitting. Elongated bowl provides more space and support for your weight and easier for men and boys to aim the bowl while urinating.
Drake II versus Drake and Ultramax II
Drake II uses Double Cyclone which Ultramax II uses and both are using 1.28 gpf which saves 20% than Drake 1.60 gpf
Drake II is cheaper about $300+ while Ultramax II is $400+
Drake II is lighter than Ultramax II since its One-piece
Drake II has rim with NO holes while Drake has rim holes which slows the water speed and power a bit
Drake II is ADA height complaint while Drake is not
Drake II receives 131 Five-stars from amazon customer while Ultramax only 60
Pros & Cons of Toto Drake II
- Powerful, efficient, quiet Double Cyclone flushing system that cleans bowl and remove waste completely while saving 20% water than 1.6 gpf toilets
- SanaGloss: Super smooth, ion barrier glazing cleans your toilet bowl with every flush
- 800 grams Maximum Performance flush test rate
- ADA ,height toilet most ideal for disability, elderly and taller people to sit on and get off comfortably without putting too much strain on the knees.
- Rim with no holes maintains speed and power of water
- Cheaper than One-piece Ultramax II
- Easy to Install
- Does not come with a seat hence need to buy one separately.
- Its a Two-piece Toilet (If you’re looking for one-piece)